An effective production planning & control system help to maintain inventory at proper level, hence minimize wastage.
Its help to have better control over raw material inventory, which contribute to effective purchasing. Having in place a sound system of production planning & control, everything in relate to production is planned well in advance of operation.
Therefore, it help in minimizing capital investment in equipment and inventories.
- Understand what is Production Planning in Demand and Supply Chain Management
- Difference between Strategic vs Functional Roles of Production Planners
- Understand 3 Major Types of Production Methods – Mass Production, Batch Production, Mass Customization
- How to Optimize Forecast Management
- How to Optimize Capacity Utilization
- How to Optimize KPI Management
- How to Optimize Production Schedule Changes and Difficulties
- How to Optimize Material Planning
- How to Optimize Inventory Management
How to Optimize Manpower Utilization
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Production Planners and All Production and Production-related – Supervisors, Executives, Engineers, Managers
Marketing / Purchasing / Warehouse / QA / Maintenance / Shipping Personnel involved directly or indirectly in Production Planning Activities
Part 1 : CHANGING ROLES OF PRODUCTION PLANNING
1.1 What is Production Planning in manufacturing?
1.2 Why Production Schedule not successful?
1.3 Strategic vs Functional Roles of Production Planner
1.4 Reduce Production Costs and Improve Profits
1.5 Skill 1: 5M – Strength & Weakness Analysis
Part 2 : OPTIMIZING FORECAST MANAGEMENT
- Material Requirements Planning (MRP): Forecasting, Planning and Scheduling
- Forecasting Patterns in Demand and Supply Chain Management
- How to leverage Quantitative vs Qualitative Forecasting Technique
- Minimizing Forecast Variances and Maximizing Forecast Accuracy
- Skill 2: Forecast Variance Analysis and Control
Part 3 : OPTIMIZING SUPPLY CHAIN MANGEMENT
- Ultimate Objectives of Supply Chain Management
- The Push vs Pull Concept in Business Model
- Leveraging 3 Production Methods:
Mass Production, Batch Production, Mass Customization
- A look at IBM Model vs Dell Model and 3 Real-Life Successful Supply Chain
- Skill 3: How to Optimize Supply Chain’s Lead Time
Part 4 : OPTIMIZING CAPACITY UTILIZATION
- Concept of Capacity Utilization
- Problems of Over-Capacity vs Under-Capacity
- Maximize Capacity Utilization & Subcontract Management
- Total Productive Maintenance to Minimize Downtime
- Skill 4: Basic Calculation of Capacity Utilization
Part 5 : OPTIMIZING KPI MANAGEMENT OF PLANNING
- Production Planning KPI – Output, Delivery, Quality, Cost Down, Inventory etc
- Production Performance Analysis – Target, Actual, Variance & Corrective Action
- 5E Model of KPI Management
- How to Optimize Visual KPI Board?
- Skill 5: Identify Areas to Improve from Core KPIs
Part 6 : OPTIMIZING PRODUCTION SCHEDULING CHANGES
- 6 Steps of Production Planning and Control
- What are the OBSTACLES in Production Scheduling?
- How to manage Production Schedule Changes?
- The Linkage of Production Scheduling, Material Control and MRP Data Integrity
- Skill 6: Critical Ratio Analysis
Part 7 : OPTIMIZING MATERIAL CONTROL with SUPPLY POSITIONING
- Concept of SUPPLY POSITIONING
- Criteria in Positioning your Suppliers
- Simple and Powerful Tool in Managing Suppliers
- Apply Supply Positioning in Purchasing Expediting, Material Planning and Control
- Skill 7: Material Planning Strategy using Supply Positioning
Part 8 : OPTIMIZING INVENTORY MANAGEMENT
- Inventory Analysis: ABC, FSN, and XYZ
- 3 Major Types of Inventory Indicators – Which is BEST?
- The ABC of Inventory Control: Economic Order Quantity, Reordering Point Control
- Maintain Optimum Level of Inventory Turnover & Inventory Holding Days
- Skill 8: How to Reduce Inventory Cost?
Part 9 : OPTIMIZING MANPOWER UTILIZATION
- Concept of Manpower Utilization
- 7 Waste Reduction Concept from Toyota Production System
- Maximizing Manpower Utilization by Eliminating 7 Wastages
- Work Method Analysis – objective, procedures and charts
- Skill 9: When can the team complete “A” project?