This report writing course has been designed specifically to help you build your business report writing skills; it takes you step by step through the principles and process involved in producing an effective report. This 1 DAY Course is designed to give participants exposure to the content and format of business reports in English. In addition, grounding in the techniques of writing as a process will be given together with sufficient writing practice.
Participants should have a foundation in Business English and Grammar
By the end of the course, you will know how to: Gather your data and select the relevant information for your audience Structure your writing to maintain your readers’ attention Select words and phrases that will aid and not confuse the readers Edit your draft for maximum impact
Our workshops are delivered with a strong emphasis on WHOLE-BRAIN LEARNING that is complemented with an array of HIGH INVOLVEMENT TECHNIQUES that will make learning INTERESTING, EXCITING & ENJOYABLE!
Our trainer uses a combination of expert input practice and small group sessions offering the best opportunities for skills transfer into the workplace. Learning tools include practical writing exercises and on-going reviews
WHO TO ATTEND :
Managers, Team Leaders and Engineers.
Module 1 :
- What’s the purpose of a business, technical or financial report?
- Setting a clear objective to save you time and effort
- Format of a report
Module 2 :
DESIGNING YOUR STRUCTURE
- Ensuring your structure supports and delivers what your reader wants
- Breaking the job down into manageable chunks
- Exercise Case Study
Module 3 :
WRITING YOUR REPORT
- The writing process: Main steps in writing a report. Organization and planning.
- Selecting and organizing material: Conciseness,
- Headings, Classifying and Information sequence.
- Language used in writing a report
- How to write simple concise and complete sentences How to emphasize certain data
Module 4 :
PROCESSING INFORMATION AND ANALYZING THE DATA.
- Sort, Analyze, and Interpret Data Exercise Case Study continued
WRITING FINDINGS, CONCLUSIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
- Interpreting findings, Linking findings, conclusions and recommendations.
- Writings recommendations
- Preparing the Final Draft Writing a report:
- Exercise Group Work