|12/10/2020 - 13/10/2020||9:00 am - 5:00 pm||The Power of Effective Communication & Interpersonal Skills for Professional||The HUB @ Jaya One, PJ, Petaling Jaya|
|17/06/2020 - 18/06/2020||1:00 am - 9:00 am||The Power of Effective Communication & Interpersonal Skills for Professional||The HUB @ Jaya One, PJ, Petaling Jaya|
|28/08/2019 - 29/08/2019||1:00 am - 9:00 am||The Power of Effective Communication & Interpersonal Skills for Professional||The HUB @ Jaya One, PJ, Petaling Jaya|
|18/04/2019 - 19/04/2019||1:00 am - 9:00 am||The Power of Effective Communication & Interpersonal Skills for Professional||The HUB @ Jaya One, PJ, Petaling Jaya|
|21/02/2019 - 22/02/2019||1:00 am - 9:00 am||The Power of Effective Communication & Interpersonal Skills for Professional||The HUB @ Jaya One, PJ, Petaling Jaya|
In today’s competitive business world and difficult economy, lucid, effective communication is more essential than ever before. It is the foundation on which companies and careers are built and a crucial component of lasting success.
Whether it’s a face-to-face conversation or a professionally written e-mail exchange, a meaningful message entails establishing a connection that leaves a powerful impression.
By the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Describe the importance of communication and how it affects business results.
- Learn how to use communication strategies to enhance self-esteem of employees and motivate them to take on new challenges and manage change effectively.
- Acquire the skills on how to ask the right questions to gather information and to check whether your message has been understood.
- Create a win-win situation by applying human relationship principles when dealing with customers, staff, colleagues and supervisors.
D A Y 1
MODULE 1: THE POWER OF COMMUNICATION
- What is communication?
- What is interpersonal communication?
- The four outcomes in any relationship
- Challenges to communication
- Barriers to communication
- Functions of Communication process
- Identifying common communication problems at work
- Group assignment and de-briefing
MODULE 2: SEEK TO UNDERSTAND & ASK THE RIGHT QUESTIONS
- Define listening
- Barriers to listening
- Techniques to become an effective listener
- Levels of listening :Ignoring, Selective, Pretend, Attentive , Empathic )
- Why asking the right question is important for effective oral communication?
- 5 essential types of questions
- Role-play applying all the types of question at work environment
MODULE 3: COMMUNICATION TECHNIQUES TO SUSTAIN AND IMPROVE RESULTS
- The power of words
- 4 types of people
- Defining words
- Neutral words & Action words
- Make your words precise, powerful and memorable
- Understand human self-esteem
- 3 communication techniques related to human self esteem
- Maintain and enhance self-esteem
- Listen and respond with empathy
- Ask for help and encourage involvement
- Role play practice using 3 communication techniques
D A Y 2
MODULE 4: MAINTAINING & ENHANCING RELATIONSHIPS AT THE WORKPLACE
- Personality vs character
- 4 types of personality
- Taking responsibility for interpersonal relationships
- Strengths & weaknesses of each personality
- Managing different personalities
- Identify your personality profile
- 4 outcomes of a relationship
- How to create win-win situations
MODULE 5: CONFLICT MANAGEMENT
- Define conflict
- Types of conflict
- Conflict intervention strategies
- Expanding your circle of influence
- Increase your deposit to nurture & maintain relationship
This course will be conducted via group interaction, individual exercise, case studies, role-play, lectures and video/ films.