|12/07/2021 - 13/07/2021||9:00 am - 5:00 pm||Effective Document Control & Record Management||The HUB, Jaya One, PJ, Petaling Jaya|
|02/02/2021 - 03/02/2021||9:00 am - 5:00 pm||Effective Document Control & Record Management||The HUB, Jaya One, PJ, Petaling Jaya|
|07/12/2020 - 08/12/2020||9:00 am - 5:00 pm||Effective Document Control & Record Management||The HUB @ Jaya One, PJ, Petaling Jaya|
|15/10/2020 - 16/10/2020||9:00 am - 5:00 pm||Effective Document Control & Record Management||The HUB @ Jaya One, PJ, Petaling Jaya|
|02/04/2020 - 03/04/2020||1:00 am - 9:00 am||Effective Document Control & Record Management||The HUB @ Jaya One, PJ, Petaling Jaya|
Document Control System is a very important part of any management system. With inadequate document control, a company can suffer great lost from using the obsolete documents to carry job. With excessive document control, company’s personnel feel that the documents to help them to carry out jobs but as an additional job to carry out.
In the modern industrial world, records are indispensable for daily operations and activities. Accurate and reliable information is essential for nearly every transaction. Word of mouth, personal identification and memory are often insufficient to provide accurate information. Records are needed for identification and evidence of business transactions.
Maintaining accurate records that can be retrieved is essential to the continuation of every business. Fast retrieval of records has become so important that it is a major concern in business which is highly competitive these days.
Mismanagement of records can be as hazardous for business as a disaster. The inability to find a necessary document, the misplacement of orders, or the misfiling of important document all will lead to a waste of time and money, as well as customer dissatisfaction.
The course has been designed to fulfill the following objectives:
- To understand the proper interpretation of Document Control System suitable to your Quality, Environmental orOccupational Safety & Health Management System
- To be able to develop an Effective and Efficient Document Control System to the company’s size, culture, complexity and needs.
- Be able to classify files to meet company objectives.
- Maintain proper files control to keep track of files
- Recommend and advice the company on proper filing equipment
- Formulate filing policies on retention and file transfer.
D A Y 1
SECTION 1 : INTRODUCTION
- Course Objective
- Course Content
SECTION 2 : UNDERSTANDING THE REQUIREMENTS OF EFFECTIVE DOCUMENT CONTROL SYSTEM
- Document Control Clause for ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
- Definition of Documents & Records
- Difference between Documents & Records
- Documents needed ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001
- Effective Document Control Methods
SECTION 3 : IMPLEMENTING EFFECTIVE DOCUMENT CONTROL SYSTEM
- Master list for Documents
- Document Numbering System
- Accessing Documents
- Updating Documents
- Distribution of Documents
- Control of Obsolete Documents
D A Y 2
SECTION 4 : EFFECTIVE DOCUMENT CONTROL SYSTEM TO PREVENT NON-CONFORMITIES
- Preventing Non-conformities issued against ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
SECTION 5 : EFFECTIVE RECORD MANAGEMENT
- Introduction to Filing & Records Management
- Files classification methods
- File retention
- Techniques of file control
- How to manage active and inactive files
- How to choose proper filing equipment
- Transfer of files
This practical course combines classroom teaching, practical exercises, group discussion and case study with actual company based projects to provide a complete action learning experience. The course has been designed to enable all participants leave the training with a set of new knowledge, tools, skills and direct experience of how to implement Effective Document Control System in a real company setting.