|08/07/2020 - 09/07/2020||1:00 am - 9:00 am||Essential Leadership Skill For Supervisors & Managers||The HUB, Jaya One, PJ, Petaling Jaya|
|06/04/2020 - 07/04/2020||1:00 am - 9:00 am||Essential Leadership Skill For Supervisors & Managers||The HUB, Jaya One, PJ, Petaling Jaya|
|20/01/2020 - 21/01/2020||1:00 am - 9:00 am||Essential Leadership Skill For Supervisors & Managers||The HUB, Jaya One, PJ, Petaling Jaya|
|10/07/2019 - 11/07/2019||1:00 am - 9:00 am||Essential Leadership Skill For Supervisors & Managers||The HUB, Jaya One, PJ, Petaling Jaya|
|13/03/2019 - 14/03/2019||1:00 am - 9:00 am||Essential Leadership Skill For Supervisors & Managers||The HUB, Jaya One, PJ, Petaling Jaya|
Managers, in most organizations, have a dual responsibility. They are responsible both to the organization and to the people in the organization. The common question that arises is how do managers deal with this dual role?
Leadership is the ability to empower others to create new management or human systems to efficiently achieve change through organizational goals and decision making. Likewise, management is the use of various means to carry on business functions.
In other words, management is the skill of dealing with things, while leadership is the art of dealing with people.
After attending this 2-day course, you should be able to:
- Apply the concept, process, functions and review leader’s roles and responsibilities in line with today’s organization challenges.
- Analyze and learn the tools to identify performance gap by using proven tools and device strategies to improve it.
- What it takes to lead in a white water world and learn the variousleadership style to become an effective leader to create and lead change.
- Develop effective planning and control skills to achieve value added results and acquire basic skills on how to set workable and measurable goals to achieve organizational objectives
MODULE 1: OVERVIEW OF LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT
- Managerial roles
- Definition of leadership and its competencies
- Difference between leadership and management
- Challenges in the 21st century in your industry
- Today’s organization structure and focus
- Leverage people to remain competitive
- Leaders Strategic Roles and Responsibilities – Leading for excellence
- Analyze your current managerial style for greater impact and improved results
- What are the implications of under supervision?
- What are the implication of ineffective supervision?
- What are the implications of over supervision?
MODULE 2: BEING AN EFFECTIVE LEADER
- What is leadership?
- The leadership charter
- What it means to be a strategic leader?
- The 4 strategic leadership issues throughout organization
- Changes in leadership structure and approach
- The development of current ways of working
- Moving away from solo leadership to shared leadership
- Building stronger work alliances with your staff and immediate boss
- Demanding more from yourself
- Providing support to solve problems
- Asserting your leadership qualities in 3 scopes
- Leadership to your department
- Leadership to your employees
- Leadership to your Immediate Supervisor
- Unhealthy or ineffective leadership style found in you?
- Action Centered Leadership in all the 3 scopes
- Assignment and presentation
- 3 characteristic of Leader
- Characteristic 1 : Being assertive and how to develop it?
- Characteristic 2 : Passive
- Characteristic 3 : Rude and aggressive
- Analyze the consequences of each characteristic
- Gaining influence with your leadership style
- Moving away from solo leadership to shared leadership
- Exercises and presentation
- Summary of learning
- Dynamic leadership
- Choosing your style and developing flexibility
MODULE 3: STRATEGIES TO IMPROVE PERFORMANCE OF EMPLOYEES
- 3 communication strategies for leaders
- Strategy 1 – Enhance and maintain self esteem
- Strategy 2 – Listen and respond with empathy
- Strategy 3 – Ask for help and encourage involvement
- Analyze the 3 disconnectors
- Job / Task
- Identifying the performance gap and waste
- Aligning your action and moving forward
- Identify non value added task and eliminate them
- Moving away from urgent mentality to working on long term business driven results
- Managing Time
- Where do I find time to do all these?
- With so much of pressure, it is easy to lose sight of priorities and to become less effective than is desirable
- Eliminating common time wasters
- Time Matrix – Living an effective life in Quadrant 2
- Understanding the difference between “Importance and Urgent”
- Analyzing in which Quadrant you belong to
- Quadrant 1 – Important and Urgent
- Quadrant 2 – Important and Not Urgent
- Quadrant 3 – Not Important and Urgent
- Quadrant 4 – Not important and Not Urgent
- Anticipating Quadrant 1 activities
- Identifying Quadrant 3 and 4 activities
- Learning to work and creating time for Quadrant 2 in order to be an effective time manager
- Defining control
- The importance of control
- The leaders weaknesses in control and taking preventive measures
- 1st Line & 2nd control
- Growing your leadership
- Things you must start doing
- Work related assignment and action plan
MODULE 4: COMMUNICATION & BUILDING EFFECTIVE TEAM
- Developing effective communication
- Listening skills
- Presentation skills
- Building a winning team
- What makes a winning team
- Winning the group commitment
- Building co-operation and team spirit
- Creating environment for positive organizational change
MODULE 5: GET RESULTS—IN THE FACE OF RESISTANCE
- Describe and Demonstrate How to Handle Resistance
- Describe and Demonstrate How to Manage Conflict
- Describe and Demonstrate How to Mediate a Hostile Dispute
Members are encouraged to active participation with personal feedback and discussion. Delegates benefit from inputs on a range of topics followed by exercises in small groups to ensure that the theory is reinforced by practice. Case studies, videos and informal discussion with participants also provide a valuable opportunity to learn from a wider pool of experience.