Course Introduction ›
ISO 9001:2008 quality management systems has been developed to introduce clarifications to the previous standard to help organizations to implement a quality management system more effectively.
It is important for organization who are working to establish, implement or maintain a quality management system to understand the amendments made in the new ISO 9001:2008 International Standard and how they will affect their current quality management systems. It will give them an opportunity to comprehend how to implement the quality system more effectively and efficiently.
This course will explain among others, the model of a quality management system, process approach, eight quality management principles, customer satisfaction, continual improvement and the achievement of competency, besides understanding the amendments in the Standard.
After attending this course, you will learn how the ISO 9001:2008 quality management system can become a valuable part of your daily operations, quality initiatives and continual improvement efforts. Most importantly, you’ll know how to comply with the new International Standard and to further improve the performance of your organization.
Course Objectives ›
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand quality concepts related to quality management system.
- Appreciate the reasons and benefits of implementing ISO 9001:2008.
- Describe the ISO 9001:2008 structure and main clause requirements.
- Understand the process based approach to implementing ISO 9001:2008
- Appreciate the application of eight quality management principles.
- Comprehend the elements needed to ensure effectiveness of the quality management system.
Course Outline ›
MODULE 1: QUALITY DEFINITION AND CONCEPTS
- Understanding the concept of quality
- Key elements of quality: customer, process and employee
- Quality control, assurance and management
MODULE 2: ISO 9001:2008 QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
- Model of a quality management system
- Documentation requirements
- Performance and customer satisfaction
MODULE 3: ESTABLISHING AND IMPLEMENTING ISO 9001:2008
- Understanding changes in ISO 9001:2008
- Implementing the changes in ISO 9001:2008
- Internal auditing – competency requirements
MODULE 4: PROCESS BASED APPROACH
- What’s process approach?
- Focus of a process approach
- Benefits of using process approach
MODULE 5: TURTLE DIAGRAM: IDENTIFYING THE PROCESS ATTRIBUTES
- Four questions about a process
- Process approach turtle diagram
- Mapping QMS, key and individual processes
MODULE 6: EIGHT QUALITY MANAGEMENT PRINCIPLES
- Explaining the eight quality management principles
- How the principles are applied in ISO 9001:2008
- ISO views and business continuity implication
MODULE 7: EFFECTIVENESS OF THE QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- Criteria for measurements
- People and Organization
- Competency of personnel